Sunday, August 17, 2008

Michael Phelps ROCKS!!!

Before I start this entry I must first apologize to a good friend of my wife's...Melissa Lester. Shan is so terrified you are going to be offended by this entry...more specifically the picture. So, view at your on risk.

Make sure you click the picture to see the full sized image...that is the only way to get the full effect.

So, I have never been a fan of swimming but I will have to say that Michael Phelps has at least peaked an interest with our clan.

Now, is this guy the GREATEST Olympian of all time or even the GREATEST Athlete ever? I don't know nor do I know what to call this dude but he is something...and something AWESOME.

So, why the pic???

Well, I went for a run the other night to try and start getting back in shape a little (FYI...since taking the job here I have gained 25+lbs and gone up a pants size...to much fast food). So, when I got back I was waiting to take a shower to see when Phelps was going to swim. They announced it was going to be 10 minutes before his race...so, I jumped up and ran to the shower.

Shan stayed in the living room watching the Olympics...that's when my plan went into action.

I was in and out of the shower as fast as possible...ran and got my pants and went to the garage to get some goggles...and all the while Shan had no idea.

I then ran into the living room yelling USA and telling her I needed a medal...of course we had one somewhere.

Shan being in total shock had nothing to say except..."What the Judas Priest are you wearing???" (it is possible she may have said something other than "Judas Priest" but if she did I would never tell...you would have to ask her about that).

Needless to say Phelps won his race and of course it was because of my support and dedication to make a fool of my self...I lost my shame a long time ago and have no concept of when too much is too much...but hey, I can say that Shan and the kids life's are never dull, boring or normal.

If you would like a life size cut out or poster of the above pic please let me know...I will be glad to send you one.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sonny, you are such a goof ball!! Michael Phelps ROCKS and so does the rest of the US swimming team. We miss y'all! I especially miss taking sweet MF to school! How is school for her?

Leah said...

OH MY EYES!!! I'll never be the same!! HA HA HA!! How are you guys??

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

I made Brent check out this blog too. Too funny!

Melissa Lester said...

That is awesome! Way to get in the spirit of the games! I think we should interview Sonny for "Christian Woman." I'm so glad we have a famous Olympian in the church!

Kristi said...

You really need to cut/paste Michael Phelps head onto your body and post that puppy up at work...

kellieja said...

im offended

Anonymous said...

We aren't related, are we? Sometimes I just can't claim you. Well, I guess I have to for the good of the family. I e-mailed this to Dave's school address with no comments. I can't wait to see his reaction.